BACK

infographic

I wanted to design something different that you wouldn’t see every day. Lots of people were designing in flat design illustrations or simple illustrations to get the point across. I wanted my poster to be bolder and something to touch base for adults and kids. I thought the more realistic approach would help the reader truly see what was disappearing and give it more meaning. As well as the more simple illustrations to make it more easy to navigate for kids to understand. But mainly so that it didn’t take away from the bees’ true purpose.

image of mockup

I felt the typefaces I should use on my infographic should relate to the thick and thin stripes a bee has on its body. A font that was humanist and inviting to readers – and also something that readers of all ages could read with ease. I knew that Roboto was a good sans-serif font that people used to set body copy so I gravitated towards that at first. I tried a whole slew of different fonts to pair it with. I even thought about sticking with that font family, but in a bolder weight – nothing was matching what I thought of in my mind. Eventually, I found a font to pair it with – that offered that heavier weight, Objektiv Black.

image of mockup
image of mockup

People who would see this poster would be a mixed audience of professionals, millennials, and children. The posters would be placed in professional work offices and public health locations. The design can also be used in educational establishments and can be used to help promote this environmental cause. The posters will be printed on recycled white poster paper using vegetable + soy-based inks. This will give people ease of mind by keeping a good carbon footprint.

I struggled with mixing different drawing styles to make the idea work. If I had to go back and change things about this design, I’d most likely redo all of the illustrations and the layout. I wanted the bee to be in the center of the poster and everything flowed off of it with its text and it’s designed. When working on the project, nothing would work how I imagined and I had to keep restructuring the assignment to work after spending time drawing the bee.

image of mockup